Problem with Step up booster IC

Accueil Forums English forum Electronics Unclassifiable electronics Problem with Step up booster IC

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    Shawnturner
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using 3 different buck, boost ICs in my board.
    my power voltage (battery) is about 7.4V . i use one Buck IC (TPS54331) to provide 3.8V output. and used another Buck IC to provide 1.8V output for MCU.
    more: mỹ đình plaza 2

I needed a 7V output too ! my power voltage (battery) may decrease after time. down to 5-6V . so i can’t use buck to convert 7.4v to 7v. i used a booster IC to convert 3.8V (output of buck converter) to 7v output.

The problem is i burned almost 7-8 PCs of booster IC up to now ! this is first time i see a chip that much sensitive, i used TPS61040 in my circuit, it seems the mosfet is so sensitive and burns during soldering (because of ESD …) !anyway, after some tries, it worked at last but i worry for stability of the circuit in future, (some chips also burned after working, during soldering of some resistors connected to booster IC) the chip burns fast again … this 7v output is used to drive an external device.

I just thought of using some more stable and resistive Step up booster IC maybe helpful. which IC do you recommend ?

did you face such problem before ?

Please help.
    Thanks!

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

References: http://forum.electronicsforu.com/forum/technologies-work/power-electronics/122344-problem-with-step-up-booster-ic

2d animation production

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.