improving "duff" batteries ?

Accueil Forums English forum Electronics Unclassifiable electronics improving "duff" batteries ?

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Auteur
    Shawnturner
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been stripping old laptop batteries to reclaim cells and testing them for capacity.

I boost charged a number of « dead » cells up to the point where a lithium ion charger would « see » them and charge them properly.

Afterwards I sorted them out, dumping some that were beyond hope, kept the good ones and also put to one side a bunch of low capacity cells e.g 1000-1400 mah thinking I could maybe use them for other projects such as torch batteries etc.

I’ve just revisited this pile and I decided to retest a couple of cells where I wasn’t 100% clear on their original capacity becuase the sharpie had smeared on them

They both came out around 500mah more than what I thought was written on them. So I started retesting more of my low capacity cells and a lot( but not all ) were also giving significant increases over the original capacity testing.

Is this normal that is so called « dead » cell will actually need a few cycles to bring it back up to its full potential capacity ?

Please help.
    Thanks!

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

References: http://www.diypowerwalls.com/t-improving-duff-batteries

Pharmaceutical Advertising Example

Affichage de 1 message (sur 1 au total)
  • Vous devez être connecté pour répondre à ce sujet.