problems on Trumpf laser cutting machine

Home Forums English forum Electronics Machines problems on Trumpf laser cutting machine

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Shawnturner
    Participant

hello,

i am a newbie machine operator on a Trumpf L4030 machine with 4 kw resonator, and i have a few things that bothers me.
    the machine just arrived in our workshop in 4 months. it is built in 2000, but it is in a new-like condition, almost. the laser power goes up just to ~3860 W, and we don’t know why, yet.
    but my main problem is the quality of the cutting. i worked a few years on a Trumatic 180 Laserpress, so i know one or two things about laser cutting, but this machine is a little bit different. it is more flexible and easier to use, if it is set correctly.
    our first major problem was with the focus point zero setting. it took a while to figure it out that the lens holder should set to 4.6 mm and there is the 0 point, and from then should set the value -3 for 3″ lens, respectively -5 for 7.5″ lens. with the 7.5″ lens it looks OK this setting, but not with 3″. with mild steel i had to let the lower with a few 0.1 mm, but with stainless steel i have to lower with 2 mm to get the cutting usable, without burr, but not perfect.

Can somebody explain me what am i missing here?

Please help.
    Thanks!

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

References: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/general-laser-engraving-cutting-machine-discussion/160246-problems-trumpf-laser-cutting-machine.html

best advertising videos

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.