Home › Forums › English forum › Electronics › Machines › Thread Modes External Hand Held Starter
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years, 5 months ago by Shawnturner.
- December 30, 2017 at 12:55 pm #30137ShawnturnerParticipant
I am looking to build an external hand held starter for a motorcycle engine. Figured this would be a good first project before tackling a powerwall.
The company calls for 2 lead acid batteries in series for 24 v with 900 cold cranking amps each and I want to build it out of 18650.
So the question I cant seem to figure out. My options:
1. Build a 24 volt battery with 900 Ah. Seems unlikely due to the size and volume of cells.
2. Build a 24 volt battery with 450 Ah since cells have a 2C max discharge rate. Seems likely since the battery would only operate for couple seconds at a time, but i could be at the limit of the cells and burn them up.
3. Build a 36 volt battery with 300 amp hours to get the same wattage just more volts for better cranking.
I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.